2004 mack vision with ecu update warning

Hi guys,

I’m looking at buying my first mack tipper truck here in Australia. Its a 2004 mack vision with 18speed rr and 470hp motor.

I am 600km from where the truck is so asked the seller for some photos and if looks to be very clean and tidy for its age. But in one picture of the dash I am looking at some sort of warning on a screen that says 

warning this version of vp software is intended for use with step 10 ecu’s please update your ecu software to step 10. Press enter to continue with the currently installed ecu.

I am stepping up from a 1980 model isuzu sbr 422  9 tonne gvm flat bed to this nice looking mack tipper. The old isuzu is the only truck I’ve owned so not familiar with any of the newer ecu type trucks. The seller said he bought the truck in about 2014 and he thinks that mack has put a new motor in the truck in 2007 under waranty.

current owner is 71 years old mack lover and said hes put new cam and ceramic lifters in and a new turbo and rebuilt gearbox and diff a couple other non engine related repairs since he owned it. Its showing about 350,000 km so i asked if that means 1,350,000 but he said mack reset speedo when put new engine in but it had approx 400,000 on it at the time.

the truck looks very nice but the warning screen has me wondering if this is a big deal or not. I will ask him about it tomorrow on phone.

any ideas guys ?

thanks

Andy