Export Macks And Macks Built Outside The U.s

Are the Macks made for export available with non-electronic engines, and do they still make the older Mack types or engines in other countries? I know that some car companies when they discontinue production of a certain model, still make it in other markets to keep costs down or because they do not have to meet stringent regulations in the foreign market eg. the original Beetle. It would be good to know that the R, DM or the older Mack engines etc are still made in other countries for their market. Some Eureopean Truck companies still made older model trucks for markets in South America, Africa , Asia years after they were discontinued in Europe. I think Britsh Leyland still made older Leylands and engines for markets in India and Mercedes still built older trucks for the Indian markets. I am almost sure that early Tata trucks were rebadged older Mercedes.

Edited by dmmack76

[Are the Macks made for export available with non-electronic engines,] Today no

In the 90's the E9 had the V-Mack II in Europe but not in USA

[do they still make the older Mack types or engines in other countries? ]Today no

Renault did carry the E7 and E9 a little longer then mack but now I think it's Volvo now.

[ It would be good to know that the R, DM or the older Mack engines etc are still made in other countries for their market]

Only in our dreams.

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM