All right, I have a good topic that will be sure to get everbody started!

I am thinking of converting my R685 to a R700 clone. I am thinking about a Big Cam Cummins. I have the flared frame so I don't think I will have a fitting issue. I have also in the past installed a R600 p/s gearbox on a R700 and made one long steering shaft to the steering wheel(which worked good) I am thinking of moving the cab back and putting on a R700 hood. I have a 12000# front axle. I would like to know if anybody has done this or seen it done. A friend of mine stretched a 359 Pete front end by 12" and it worked good. I really don't want to clip my front end like he did, so I opted for the idea of just moving everything back. I can always stretch the rear another 6 ft like I did before. So come on everyone, give me some ideas :thumb:

All right, I have a good topic that will be sure to get everbody started!

I am thinking of converting my R685 to a R700 clone. I am thinking about a Big Cam Cummins. I have the flared frame so I don't think I will have a fitting issue. I have also in the past installed a R600 p/s gearbox on a R700 and made one long steering shaft to the steering wheel(which worked good) I am thinking of moving the cab back and putting on a R700 hood. I have a 12000# front axle. I would like to know if anybody has done this or seen it done. A friend of mine stretched a 359 Pete front end by 12" and it worked good. I really don't want to clip my front end like he did, so I opted for the idea of just moving everything back. I can always stretch the rear another 6 ft like I did before. So come on everyone, give me some ideas :thumb:

Hey man go for it i love the way a longnose r looks but its a shame to kill that r685 but its up to u i think it will look go either way. is that goin to be a big cam 3 or 4 with high horse? i have a big cam with 400hp and then i added a second turbo and it is my second favorite engine next to a mack. u should move ur cab back b/c i think that it looks more original than strechin the front end also i think it is easier to extend the back of the truck rather than the front in my opinion, Its up to u. good luck with it.

Chad

user posted image