Shopping for my first Dump Truck

BigJohn61

Sure am glad I found this forum,, it reminds me of the Ford forum I use, packed full of knowledge.

Anyways, I am in the process of getting my dump truck business started and I want a Mack truck. From the searches that I have made to date and all the models I have seen the Granite seems to be the model that seems to be most popular. I have a contract lined up for asphalt and demo'd concrete any advice on a specific Granite model would be appreciated. I am thinking that I want a Barn door gate for that kind of work. Does anyone think the a High Lift Gate would work as well as a barn door without the problems associate with barn doors?

I would be grateful for any and all help and opinions on what motor and years would be best for a start-up . I have read a lot about pre-emission trucks which I like the idea of, like my 2006 F-250 diesel. As a start-up, the bank is limiting me to a truck under 50k so I really need to pick a truck that can run and generate income without me having to work on it constantly.

thanks,

Big John 

Edited by BigJohn61

Barn doors loose there seal and start alignment problems high-lift does add weight I just bought my first with AR-400 steel  smooth side ...My newest Mack 2001 and I dont use it any more Ive buying older trucks .2001 spent more time down then up it almost broke me 6-turbos at 1800.00 a piece just part no towing and install oil pumps IUPs air compressors -5 now it has 443000 miles and sits .

Ed