MACK AI 350 and AMI 335 - what can i expect?

Thought i would pose this question to the folks who know before i get myself in trouble.  I need to purchase a roll off truck. Found an 06 Granite with 60K on Mack AI-350 and an 05 that is a really goodlooking truck with $45k brand new unit on back and an AMI 335/400 and 414k miles.   Should i run from both?  First truck will cost $60k.   Second will cost $85k.   I have searched for info and what lil i did find scared me. Thanks for any input. 

B491B5AB-5F1B-408D-8A5A-1C7D0AD335D1.png

Edited by Rod72

Roll offs tend to be pricey if you need one in a hurry- Takes a year from order to delivery for a new one so it's a seller's market for one that's ready to go, county here just paid $139k for a 2015 because they didn't know what they were doing. Prices don't sound bad, but make sure you're not getting a bastardized former highway tractor.

Thank you!   Mostly concerned about these Mack engines 04-07.   Hate to get going as an O/O and lose an account over a second rate engine design and downtime.   Someone on here will know and have some input on the asset engines.  Love the idea of pre-emission, pre cat-piss trucks but i might be better to buy an mp8 and delete it?

Pre-emmissions means pre 1984, the regs got progressively tighter in 2004, 2007, and 2010. These were the last of the real Mack engines and in some ways the best, though they still had some glitches. But keep in mind that these trucks are all at least 12 years old which means while emissions-light they can still have all kinds of age related problems, especially if the truck has lived in the rust belt.

• Like 1