Reo Gold Comet OA331 Engine from M35 Deuce and a Half

glitchwrks

Thought I'd post this here in case anyone also has old military stuff. I've got a Reo "Gold Comet" OA331 out of a 1950s M49, which is a fuel tanker variant of the M35 deuce and a half. The truck was super rough and nearly got me killed taking it from our cousin's sawmill to the farm -- clutch disk exploded coming down a hill. I knew the brakes were out and kept it in low, but what I hadn't been told was the brakes had been out for years before good old cousin sold it to my brother, and they "stopped" by letting the clutch out and killing the engine! Anyway, the engine was the best part of the truck so I pulled it and kept it:

s2Szyan.jpg

Full album at this link: https://imgur.com/a/eHfQV

It still has all of the accessories bolted to it, including the 24V alternator and waterproof ignition system. Someone chipped the front crank pulley either pulling or loading it. Ran excellent when I pulled it, lots of power, no smoke, but it has been years since I've run it. If anyone wants it, send me a message and make offer. Currently on the farm in southern WV, I can bring it back in the box truck to central VA if that makes it easier on picking up. Box truck has a liftgate and I can move it with my pallet jack, if you pick it up on the farm we can load it with the tractor.

Just to be clear, this is an old gasser and not a multi-fuel!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...