98 Mack E7-375 Vmac II Questions

jlong4020

Has anyone ever heard of this engine and how it compares to the other E7's above it, 400,427, and 454? What are the differences? Do they all have the same turbo?  All I've been able to find out is that the piston compression ratios are all the same. And I've been reading online for a couple of days.  My main objective is to find out if I can make minor changes with fuel and air so that it's comparable to the 454.  The truck could prove to be a bargain and I don't want to pass it up if it can be upgraded safely.  I've found a lot of info about 350's, and that they have a higher compression which limits the room to grow.  Any insight on this would be helpful. The vin number is WW094932

It is the exact same engine as a 400. Only difference is a download. To go bigger its pump, turbo and injector time plus software. The 375 and 400 both put out 1460 ft pounds of torque. The  427 and 454 both put out 1560 .  Get a good boost pressure guage and under a hard pull you should be around 22-28 psi . Hopefully you be above 25 psi. Plus I'd have the pump timing checked and bumped 1.5 degrees (max)  over what is says on the valve cover ( should say 6 degrees).