New Guy Here With An Old Pete

chris142

Hey I stumbled across this board today. Lots of neet info here :D

I have a 1962 Pete 281. It has it's original 280 Cummins, a 5 speed main, 3 speed Brownie and 6.14 gears.

It was originally a 2 axle and was sold to Standard Brands paint in the Los Angelas area. They sold it and Someone added some frame and put a tag axle under it with a Page&Page 60/40 suspension and used it to haul an end dump. I was told that it hauled from Long Beach to Boron, Ca.

I believe it was working up to about 1979. The cab and dr side fender were very beat up when it was parked. It may have been layed on it's side. A previous owner put a better cab on it around 1998 after rescuing it from a lot where it had been sitting many years.

It was originally green with a white stripe, later it had a White KW stripe addedlike this KW has.

oldbuggywithloadofcoilsar8.jpg

I talked to a guy that knew my truck in the early 70's. He said it would run! It was always the first truck back to the yard.

I'm hoping someone can give me more history on it or even have a picture of it from 30+ years ago.

Here it is during the cab swap in 1998. Thats the original cab on the ground.

dbrecab.jpg

Heres some more recient pics.

dbbath-copy.jpg

mypetehwy183-copy.jpg

1025081503.jpg

614084.jpg

DBTRAILER-copy.jpg

Welcome to this site, for the most part it is made up of people who love old trucks. And are somewhat still amazed at what they were, and what they did. Thanks for the baby pictures, you have a beautiful diesel baby. It looks just like you. People back east would really be amazed at just how many fine old trucks are still around the high desert. Not to mention the remarkable condition that they are in for their age. Come back now, ya hear.