1977 Mack Super-Liner reverse lights

I got no power to reverse light switch on transmission checked the relay and got no power there either I found the power going to the relays but that wire goes to a solenoid which ain't turning on unless I jump the solenoid then everything works but I'm not sure where the solenoid is getting power to switch on there's a wire but it's dead and can't see where it goes in the wiring harness any body have any ideas Thanks 

Are you sure it is not the transmission switch I have to hold mine in a certain position to get it to work.  Have some one jiggle the shifter while in reverse and hold it tight up to the corners and check it. Obviously with key on and engine off, I crawled up through the passenger side and used a test light.  Took mine off and tested it and found it was good when reinstalled had my boy work the stick in reverse.  Now I just hold it tight in gear when I want the lights and buzzer to come on.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."