B-Model Registry

Mack58B42

All,

I posted this in the Antique/Classic section, but I'll put it here just to make sure you catch it....

After working at a feverish pace for a few weeks, fortified by lots of caffeine and Ben & Jerry's, I have finished converting the old macksrus pdf B-Model Registry back into Excel.

You can find it posted in its entirety at http://www.mackb-modelregistry.com/.

If you have a B-model and would like to update your info, including adding pictures and other information, please send in your data.  If you were never on the registry, and would like to be, same deal - send me your info, and you'll likely be added within 24 hours.  Or if you see a truck on there and know that the info is bad or outdated, let me know, and I can at least add a note to those vehicles, even if we don't quite know who the current owner is.  Looks like some of these trucks were added almost 20 years ago, and I'm sure that there have been a lot of ownership changes in that time.

The next step is to try to figure out how to get the word out to other people and places that this is available.  If you belong to other groups that you know that have B-model owners, it'd be great if you could forward the link to them.  As Spring approaches, I'm also hoping that you guys that are able to get to all the shows around the country/world will become B-Model reporters, and send me pics of the trucks and data plates that you run into so we can load them.  That's all the info we need to confirm that a truck is still out there, even if we don't know who the owner is or any other data.  Or if you're really into helping the list grow, you could print off a few of the data load sheets, bring them with you to shows, and encourage those other B-Model owners to send in the info.

I'll also post a link in the BMT Wiki.  If memory space is an issue here, at least if someone is searching in the Wiki for the registry, they can get the link to the website.

I hope you all enjoy taking a peek at it, and I hope that over time, it can truly become a resource for those trying to track down B-Models, whether they are on the road, or just "retired" in a field somewhere, or to know that a particular unit has been scrapped....

And if this garners interest, I'm game for doing the same for some of the other collectible Mack models as well.

Mike