T2090 trans problem

Junior9009

Been having a problem with the trans in my truck not going back into the low side properly when the selector is pushed down.  It usually doesn't go in until you go to pull out again as you ease off the clutch.  I even have to move the shifter out of gear before I pull the selector up or it has a hard time going into gear when upshifting.  Any clue as to what could be going on?  Truck has Truck/driveline has 340k on it.

Edited by Junior9009

First thing to check is the air pressure going to the range solenoid.  An air leak or restriction would cause that.  Otherwise there could be an issue with the syncro.   Running it that way for very long will shorten the life of that synchro dramatically, and they are pretty mickey mouse to begin with.

If I pull it up in 4th gear it makes a strange howling noise for a second.  If i pull it up in 4th and don't use the clutch it sounds like its slipping and my RPM's fall all the way down as if its in neutral.  So I take it out of gear and then pull up on the range selector while the stick is in neutral then it falls right into 5th.