It's Good To Be Home

CML Service

Hi Folks.

I haven't been around here in a while. I left home Sept 1 to do power restoration after hurricane Gustave. Then thought we were heading home when hurricane Ike came in. So I spent some time in the LA Bayou then some time in and around Houston TX. While there I met up with some nice folks. Saw some old trucks here and there and also some of the special cane tractors on the sugar cane plantations.

I did make it home for a couple days when the storm work was over. But then I left for a planned trip to Biloxi Mississippi

to work with habitat for humanity. I worked in MS after hurricane Katrina and was so impressed with the local folk that when I got the chance to go there again I did.

A friend of mine and myself flew into New Orleans (just to see that too) then drove to Biloxi to work for the week. I revisited places I worked before talked to the locals ate at just local restaurants and just had a great time. Our crew stared with a bare slab and by weeks end finised the first floor framing and sheathing. The next crew will do the roof. Many neighbors stopped at the work site to show thier support and positive attitude. All of our crew left there with a great feeling of accomplishment and the thoughts of returning again.

I made some new friends on this trip that I intend to stay in contact with. But now that I'm home there is other busness I left unfinished that I need to catch up on. I hope I didn't bore you with my ramblings but my last 8 weeks has been kind of a blur and then engine is just starting to idle back down.

Chuck