Hi, My first post on the new site. A long long time ago, at a truck dealer far far away, I repaired large trucks gas and diesel. I haven't been involved with diesels since the mid 80's. And I noticed that I am out of date on diesel fuel. I am aware of a lower sulfer level for EPA reasons, however what happened to number 1 and number 2 fuel oil ( summer and winter blend) and does algae still grow in older fuel? Thanks for any information. Randy

the mid 80"s, I was still in grade school but from what I can see that was a great era for strong running diesels :thumb: From what I can gather is that fuel companys blend diesel fuels slightly diffrent depending on the aera its to be sold in. i.e cold or warm avg temps etc... last year I filled up one of our work trucks in febuary and it never gelled up even when it sat in a very cold windy week. maybee just luck?? I heard a few speak of this low sulfer fuels that may be in circulation as of now??? EPA is cutting down on diesels big time. I think the next EPA regulation (for now) is 2006 then 2010.

welcome to the new site

Trent

Low sulphur diesel is being marketed here in NZ at present , there have been some problems with injector pumps on 4x4s and older cars as the seals have gone hard and leak fuel at the pump, We also have summer and winter diesel mixes. Some of our gear operates in the south pacific islands and when we bring it back down here we have to drain the systems and put our colder mix in.

Nigel :chili: