Does A 315/24.5 Tire Exist?

diesel

I am getting ready to install a steerable pusher axle on my CH613 grain truck. I was wanting to go to the 315 steer tires and between the tires and new axle, I will be at a safe limit above the temporary weight limit the DOT raised for fall harvest. I know the 315 is available in the 22.5 wheels, but an added axpense of trading my freshly polished 24.5 wheels. Any ideas? Thanks.

Unfortunately only 22.5's come in 315/80. 24.5 is kind of an obsolete rim size as it only survives here in the USA and Canada. If you notice there are only a few 24.5 sizes with 12R24.5 or 305/75R24.5 being the highest capacity 24.5's. None are wide base or can handle more then 8200 pounds single. The rest of the world uses 22.5 exclusively with 12.00R24 in a few rare cases.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

As hard as it is to come across the 9" wide 22.5 aluminum wheels, can I replace my 24.5x8.25 wheels with a 22.5x8.25 wheel and install the 315/22.5 tire?

I believe 9.0 is the minimum for that size. 8.25 might work but not sure. Maybe email the tire maker and see what they say. Accuride and Alcoa both make aluminum 9.0 rims, they shouldn't be hard to find.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

I broke down and found a set of used 22.5 x 9" wheels and ordered some 315/22.5 tires. I figure I can get decent price from the 24.5 wheels and tires to offset the price of the wheels and new tires. The tire guy said the 315 will have a flatter tread mounted on the 9" wheels. Thanks for the help.