Did Anyone Here Buy This? 1932 Fire Truck

Recently sold on eBay; It went for $12K.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-MACK-FIRE-ENGINE-/172001379973?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=tKBUImqmEgBrapEzJrN9H6QXvz4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

s-l500.jpg
Click to view larger image and other views
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
  • s-l64.jpg
Have one to sell? Sell now

"UP FOR SALE IS A 1932 MACK FIRE ENGINE TRUCK COMPLETELY ALL ORIGINAL WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE FRONT BUMPER TRUCK IS MOSTLY COMPLETE FROM WHAT I CAN TELL. WHAT YOU SEE IN THE PICTURES IS WHAT YOU GET NOTHING WILL BE MISSING HAS THE LIGHTS THE SIRENS THE LADDERS AND HOSES PUMP EVEN THE AXE IS THERE LOOK AT PICTURES WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET

TRUCK IS BEING SOLD AS IS NEEDING TOTAL RESTORATION OR WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO DO WITH IT
TRUCK WAS STORED FOR A LONG LONG TIME INSIDE UNTIL THIS PAST YEAR WHEN IT GOT PUSHED OUT TRUCK WAS RUNNING AND DRIVING WHEN PARKED THE PREVIOUS OWNER SAID HE STARTED IT UP TIME TO TIME SINCE HIS FATHERS PASSING AWAY (WHO WAS THE OWNER ) BUT ITS BEEN A FEW YEARS SINCE HE HAD IT GOING . THE MOTOR TURNS OVER FREELY NO BINDING OR ISSUES BUT I HAVEN'T TRIED TO FIRE IT MOTOR HAS 2 PLUGS PER A CYLINDER WITH A DISTRIBUTOR AND A MAGNETO. TRANSMISSION SHIFTS FREELY NO ISSUES TRUCK ROLLS FREELY NO ISSUES IT HAS RUST AND IT HAS ROT BUT WHAT A BEAUTY THIS TRUCK WAS AND CAN BE AGAIN IN THE HANDS OF THE RIGHT PERSON. THIS IS A RARE OPPORTUNITY TO OWN A PIECE OF AMERICAN HISTORY PLEASE LOOK OVER ALL PICTURES IF YOU WANT MORE OF ANYTHING SPECIFIC JUST ASK "

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

You were the first person I thought of.

I had the chance to buy the only chain drive "B" series fire truck Mack ever built; like an idiot I didn't pull the trigger.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I thought $12K was a very high price, but that is just my opinion. Like many of the early Macks they are not rare, nor are they common with many of them sitting in the fire houses they started life in.

My guess is a professional restoration would be in the $125K to $150K range. It shows once again that you are always better off to by the best truck you can find, even at a much higher price, if you want to end up at the least cost for a restored truck.

Like everything; it was worth what someone was willing to pay for it. I hope it gets restored for the rest of us to enjoy.

• Like 1