2009 Gu713 with MP8 motor

R R Dean

Trucks shuts off for a few seconds while driving then comes back on. Oil pressure goes to zero, all gages drop motor basically quits. I checked all the grounds frame and cab can't find anything loose. Anyone with any ideas would be helpful.

Does oil pressure drop first? If so check oil pressure sensor, just right off eecu, round connector, there will be two identical ones, oil pressure is the upper one, if connector is oily replace sensor and install anti wicking harness, if dry try switching sensor with sensor just below. They are the same part number, upper is for oil pressure, lower for crankcase pressure.

Does oil pressure drop first? If so check oil pressure sensor, just right off eecu, round connector, there will be two identical ones, oil pressure is the upper one, if connector is oily replace sensor and install anti wicking harness, if dry try switching sensor with sensor just below. They are the same part number, upper is for oil pressure, lower for crankcase pressure.

Those sensors are not the same, if you switch them the malfunction light will come on and the oil pressure gauge will not work correctly. I you need to switch a sensor to check the oil pressure sensor operation you can use the fuel pressure sensor, it's the same part #.

• Like 1

Okay I will try switching it with the fuel pressure sensor. I did find what I believe to be the cam or timing sensor is wet but can't seem to get it unplugged. It is located right below the valve cover on the front left of the motor anyone had one of these off before.