2011 MP8 Heaven? or not so much?

Rockwell

Hello All,

Im a new member and posting to this forum for some desperately needed feedback. I have a hold deposit down (with Arrow Truck Sales) on a 2011 Mack CXN613 with an MP8-445, with 488K miles, and all the emission controls that come with it. The truck is very clean and fleet maintained with only one owner. Originally I was very excited, this excitement has turned to fear. A huge fear of the DPF system, SCR, sensors, EGR, 7th injector and the motor itself.

Im an old dog, the last Mack trucks I owned were R and U models. Currently I have all pre emissions Cummins and Detroits in my trucks (non-Mack).

How is this year (2011) MP8 for longevity? How is the MP8 and Mack in general with all these emissions and sensors. I hear so many horror stories about emmissions controls rendering trucks useless and spending more time in the shop than on the road.

Like many, Im a small guy and fearful of buying a nightmare that will ruin me. I also realize, short of buying a glider kit or restoration (neither of which I can afford), I have to move with the times, or at least try.

I greatly appreciate any input you might offer.

Full Specs:

2011 Mack CXN613

MP8-445

Fuller 10 speed

Rears Ratio 325

Thank you!