Brake Parts 1942 80 LS Fire Truck

I have a recently aquired 1942 Mack LS type 80 with vacuum assisted brakes. While investigating why this rig was so hard to stop I have found that I am missing the linkage that runs from the vacuum assist cylinder near the rear of my truck to the “power lever” near the master cylinder. Do you have – or do you know where I might find this linkage ? Also - Does anyone have or rebuild the vacuum components if i find they are unusable ? Finding the linkage is Job 1. I have attached a diagram showing what I need.

post-1860-1217947251_thumb.jpg

we use power brake xchange in pittsburg pa they have rebuild units back into the 20s for us. power steering units ,vacuum , units, power brake and master cylinder units also. call me ,i dont have phone number in front of me at the moment call 203 266 6455 ask for matt

• 9 years later...

Where did you get get the brake diagram? I volunteer at the AACA Museum in Hershey and we just got a 1938 Mack fire truck. We want to make sure the brakes are safe as we plan to use the truck for parades. None of us are very familiar with the vacuum assisted brakes on Macks. It would be helpful to us to know the names and functions of the different components. Knowing what vacuum readings are OK would be helpful too. Thanks.    Jim