Nameplates For Old V8

Gday all. Im wondering if anyone has any ideas or had experience with making or refurbishing name plates and tags. Ive got a few on my Flinstone that Id like to fix up. One is the engine operating range plate on the dash for a V8 -1700-2300RPM. Also the TRQ7220 shift plate. On the engine there is a plate on each front valve cover with Thermodyne Diesel and patent numbers. Id like to get them done in black an white again, and the same goes for the pump timing and valve clearance specs plate on the top of the auxilliary drive. And does anyone know what the piece is that fits into the block just above the flywheel housing on the END864, My guess is a breather, but it has breather pipes on the valve covers. Anyway this little piece also has a decal on it, but it has been rubbed off. Does anyone know what it said? Any advice on any of this stuff would be great. Thanks everyone, Best regards, Skip

Gday all. Im wondering if anyone has any ideas or had experience with making or refurbishing name plates and tags. Ive got a few on my Flinstone that Id like to fix up. One is the engine operating range plate on the dash for a V8 -1700-2300RPM. Also the TRQ7220 shift plate. On the engine there is a plate on each front valve cover with Thermodyne Diesel and patent numbers. Id like to get them done in black an white again, and the same goes for the pump timing and valve clearance specs plate on the top of the auxilliary drive. And does anyone know what the piece is that fits into the block just above the flywheel housing on the END864, My guess is a breather, but it has breather pipes on the valve covers. Anyway this little piece also has a decal on it, but it has been rubbed off. Does anyone know what it said? Any advice on any of this stuff would be great. Thanks everyone, Best regards, Skip

We had a machine when I was in the RAAF called a pentagraph. Basically it was an oversized version of a sketch-a-graph like were around in the 70's. Every second kid had one. Except it has a motorized tool tip in it for cutting brass, steel, plastic etc. If you can find one and give them the original decal plate, they can make an exact copy out of the original material. The black with white writing type plastic plates are actually 3 layer laminated plastic, white sandwiched in between 2 layers of black. The guys made a brass plaque for my Daughters grave in Darwin with one. Very professional job. Try hunting around the yellow pages for signwriters or something similar. Guarantee if they know what they're doing you won't pick the difference between a copy and original.

This is a 3" x 1" plate on a presentation plaque I got when I left the RAAF. It's actually black plastic laminated with a brass finish plastic. Anything can be pentagraphed though. Sorry about the clarity of the pic though, only had my phone to use.

post-2107-1216036613_thumb.jpg