Engine electronics

Poodlejockey

Have an 2011 Mack Chu mp8 start in morning and start to drive engine shut down light will come on but no buzzer stays on 2 to 10 seconds and goes off debates engine but does not shut off. After warms up a bit works fine all day oil pressure good coolant good temps all good . Take to dealer they say lights not on so they don't know what's wrong wtf

I didn't move the Granite until at least 150* coolant and oil temp was attained.....same goes for the POS V***o i drive now....or my Jetta for that matter. Nothing likes to be cold

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

• 2 weeks later...

Check the crankcase and oil pressure sensors behind the ecm for leaks. They can intermittently fault and cause it when the ecm sees no oil pressure for a sufficient amount of time.

Dealer should be smart enough to check all this stuff, if you didn't get it fixed ask for a printout of all the dtcs when they hooked to it and see what they see.

• 1 month later...

This is ridiculous, if not a misunderstanding, for a certified Mack dealer. They should be able to hook up to the tractor and read both active (light on) and inactive (light off) trouble codes and get a clue as to what might be happening. Try again, but if you hear the same response, find a new shop.