Mack Terra-pro (mr)

Hello to all of you my friends.

Well I nedd some advice regarding something about the MACK TERRA PRO.

Will this MACK TERRA-PRO onlly be available as a FRONT LOADER (REFUSE INDUSTRY) and CONCRETE PUMP UNIT (CONSTRUCTION INDUSTRY) I also have seen some old MACK MR that are what you call ROLL-ON /ROLL-OFF trucks.

I am interested to know if I can spec a MACK TERRA-PRO to be a DUMP, FLAT BED or even a BULK FEED TANK truck.

I drove an old MACK MR (1983) powered by a MACK EM6 285 HP and that 2 stick gear box. This truck had a WARREN BULK FEED TANK over it. The WARREN BULK FEED TANK was newer than the truck.

My guess would be that you could order it with the frame length and wheelbase for the application of your choice.

I say this because our local DOT has new MR's with line painting equipment mounted on it, and one with a huge

bridge inspection body on it, and one with a tanker and spray equipment for tar and chipping roads. I believe

Mack refers to them as the Refuse series simply because that is the most common use for them.

I've seen the TerraPros as Dump/Plow trucks, line painters (as mentioned above), and roll-offs.

med_gallery_942_221_1072346.jpg

med_gallery_942_221_822944.jpg

And here's a roll-off: http://www.truckpaper.com/listings/detail....5464952D6790D0D

Looks like the door windows are "bigger" on the TERRA-PRO DUMP TRUCK and more "smaller"on the yelllow one. Is this an option ? Can I spec the size of the door windows?

I thought about how does the MR TERRA PRO will look like if it has he same slanted window style as other MACK TRUCKS like the Granite or PINNACLE.

TERRA PRO sure needs those slanted window style and a more modern pair of mirrors

IIRC, when the MR and MC (standard highway chassis) were introduced they were available with either the tall sliding windows or the not so tall roll up windows. For the last few years all I've seen come from the factory is the tall slider windows on the passenger side and the roll up on the driver's side. Not sure if that's simply the way Mack builds them now or just what the customers are ordering.

There was a construction co down in Memphis that my family done a lot of subcontracting for who had a 84'MR685 W/ a 237 & a 2stick 6spd in it w/ 18f/a & 44k on camelback they ordered new & had it spec out as a Fuel/lube truck for the servicing of thier equipment.

that was the oddest looking fuel/lube truck ive ever seen but it pulled like hell through the soft ground esp w/ the 1,000 gallon diesel tank & oiltanks & grease pumps & air compressor & reels it had on it's back & always kept Goodyear floats on the front & Goodyear Waste hauler lugs on the back

it is semi retired & is still used from time to time but a 2004 DM 690S Was bought & speced out as its replacement

Yall have a safeone

:mack1:

You Cant Fix Stupid. But You Can Numb It With A Sledgehammer. :loldude: