2012 MP7 spn 5443 fmi 7 need some advice

manolumber

Text says "mechanical system not responding". This is a code for the DPF aftertreatment system. The DPF injector is new, the fuel line is clear. Next step says to go after the DPF module which contains a couple of valves and a fuel pressure switch. Guided diagnostics red flagged the fuel pressure sensor so I changed that. I can run thru a successful manual regen but this produces the above code. Any advice? Thanks in advance!

What are your temps in the dpf and it sounds like you have a non catalyst dpf. I have seen the atomization modules go bad too. If it is a catalyst dpf the hydrocarbon dosing shut off modules go bad too. There are a lot of things it could be but those are the most common along with temp sensors.

Dont know how many hours but from memory I would guess about 200K miles. Is there ever an issue with the line from the dozer valve to the injector? Like an internal flap in the flex section of the line which blocks the line intermittently? Thanks again for sharing your experience!

• 4 years later...

Hello I have the same code sa 0 spn 5443 fm7 and have checked the hydrcarbon doser and its clean and clear!  The soot level gauge says soot level s low. So would i still need to clean the dpf filters? ot is this just a hydro carbon doser module that is bad?

and a notT to all the drivers out there. THERE IS TWO DIFFERENT DOSERS A DPF DOSER FOR DEF FLUID AND A HYDROCARBON OR DIESEL FUEL DOSER OR 7 TH INJECTOR IF YOU WILL.EACH RUN BY THEIR OWN MODULES..

• 2 years later...