Ouch...

RowdyRebel

Pulled it out & took some measurements this morning...

From the center of the u-joint @ the transmission yolk to the center of the carrier bearing SHOULD be 34"...it is 36" on the new shaft. From carrier bearing to carrier bearing is 38"...which matches the length of the middle shaft from center of the u-joint to the center of the u-joint. Both the new shaft and the middle shaft are 6-1/4" from the carrier bearing to the center of the u-joint that gets bolted on. Overall length of the new shaft from center of one u-joint to the center of the other is 42"...I'm thinking it SHOULD have been 40".

For what they charged to get it WRONG when ALL they had to do was match the dimensions of the one I dropped off (yolk was damaged, but not TOO badly, and the tube had a small ding in it) and make me a new one. New tube, new yolk welded on, I supplied the carrier bearing and new u-joint (got 'em from Mack since NAPA charges twice as much for those)...they had better not expect me to pay for their screw-up.

Hopefully they'll get it in & done today. At least now I can measure & check their work before I leave with it again. I assumed they'd be able to get the measurements right the first time since they had the old part there to measure.

I'm SO not happy right now...

When approaching a 4-way stop, the vehicle with the biggest tires has the right of way!