Headlamps For 1954 L Model Pumper

wtvfd2991

I am restoring a 1954 L model open cab pumper. The truck is missing its headlamps. Can anyone tell me what the correct model of headlamp is? I've looked at Guide model 682c lamps but I'm not convinced they are correct. This is a nice truck and I want it to be right!

Gregg,

I used the T-3 Headlights which were used in many of the trucks in the 1950's and 60's. These are from Lectric Limited http://www.lectriclimited.com/lighting_fuse_sets.htm. My build sheet shows headlamp part number 2mo46p2, or sealed unit 102m021p2. You can check with Barry to see if these numbers have been superseded with a newer headlamp. Since Mack used Delco-Remy for voltage regulator, generator and starter, I think the T3 lights make sense since they were offered on GM/Delco products in that timeframe.

Firemack

Gregg,

I used the T-3 Headlights which were used in many of the trucks in the 1950's and 60's. These are from Lectric Limited http://www.lectriclimited.com/lighting_fuse_sets.htm. My build sheet shows headlamp part number 2mo46p2, or sealed unit 102m021p2. You can check with Barry to see if these numbers have been superseded with a newer headlamp. Since Mack used Delco-Remy for voltage regulator, generator and starter, I think the T3 lights make sense since they were offered on GM/Delco products in that timeframe.

Firemack

• 1 year later...

I am restoring a 1954 L model open cab pumper. The truck is missing its headlamps. Can anyone tell me what the correct model of headlamp is? I've looked at Guide model 682c lamps but I'm not convinced they are correct. This is a nice truck and I want it to be right!

Hey! just became a member of the forum I have a 1954 l model pumper that I am parting out. I know your post is older and you may not need them now but I do have a set of headlamps. you can e-mail me back if so at jhorsley@sciotocounty.net.