Cab Roof And Trailor Marker Lights

I love these tricky ones. NOT. Problem is never where you think it will be. Is the truck fitted with a circuit protection box for the trailer wiring. They can be a source of many problems. Is the marker light fuse shared with any other circuit, as this can create problems on a completely different circuit. If it was just the cab roof lights I would say check your cab earth first, but trailer not working as well tends to point at the one power circuit. You have a seperate switch for marker lights, or do they come on with headlight switch in "Park" position. If they come on with headlight switch, I have found sometimes the contacts in the headlight switch can be a problem. I guess best thing is to break out the test light and see if you have power to the switches and relays. Also ensure you have a good earth for the relays and that they are working. Wouldn't be the first time a "new" switch or relay didn't work.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

the relay for those lights get a ground through the turn signal like switch like as you thought check terminals in relay box under hood they very prone to corrosion in my experience it is either relay box or turn signal switch