Single Axle Tractor From Upstate Ny To South Fl

57Mack

Jay,

It would make a big difference to someone if they could load both ways, obviously.

But, even with fuel costs going crazy, I think you can still hire a truck for less than 2.00/mile one way.

And a single axle B or R Mack is less than a trailer load - which might help, if someone could fill out the load.

Or - you can buy an old one that runs and drives.

I'll send pics ASAP.

Paul Van Scott

Jay,

It would make a big difference to someone if they could load both ways, obviously.

But, even with fuel costs going crazy, I think you can still hire a truck for less than 2.00/mile one way.

And a single axle B or R Mack is less than a trailer load - which might help, if someone could fill out the load.

Or - you can buy an old one that runs and drives.

I'll send pics ASAP.

Paul Van Scott

Hi Paul, I though I had someone who was going to buy my bike but never showed. I've got to get rid of it. I have the fever for another mack. I noticed a dent in the rear pumpkin. Is it deep? Does it make noise like the ring is wearing on it? When I finally get this together, would I be able to either hire you or a local shop to do a few things to it before I come up. There pretty basic. Change the oil/filter, replace the thermostat, presure test the coolant system and top off, check all hoses, replace the belts, replace the fuel filters, check the water in the batteries, clean the battery terminals, check for air leaks, check the slack adjusters for proper adjustment, check air presure in all tires, check all lights, make sure the alternator is charging, check fluid levels in both transmissions and rear, grease the front end and drive shaft. Stuff like that, so I don't have any stupid problems. Thanks, Jay