help me with e7 460 camshaft do's and dont's?

PAJBOCA
Go to solution Solved by turckster,

Hi everyone.

Basically it is time for me to replace my camshaft on 2002 vision e 7 460, so I am looking in to what else I should/could replace at the same time to prolong this pups life and improve performance as I plane to keep it for long time (at least I hope). I reed I should replace balancer if there is any other ideas please let me know all suggestions will be considered please post what should be replaced and what would be benefit. Truck has 650 miles it is becked by 18 speed Eaton linked to 3.90 rears sitting on tall rubber, and I pull 70-80 thousand lbs on I 75 corridor. I gave specs as to see what general opinion is on them ( is it geared right).In advance I thank you!

Edited by PAJBOCA

• Solution

If the engine has steel roller lifters you can re-use all lifters but the one(s) that failed(of course), On the ceramic roller lifters, it was Mack policy(under warranty) that only the failed lifters were replaced. But with customer pay we pushed to replace them all, I do not trust used ceramic roller lifters. Your choice on this, it is expensive to replace all the lifters. Other than fresh gaskets and seals, you should be good to go.

• Like 1