Mack Ms 200p

Hey Guys

I hope this topic is in the right place. I am starting a small business and am looking into a getting something to haul with. I was thinking of just a one ton pickup or like a F450 but I came accross a 1987 Mack MS 200P with a flat bed, lift gate and 91K for under $5,000 Is this a good truck and a good deal. I do not have a CDL and from what I can tell I don't think I need one for this truck. I have always heard Mack's were bullet proof so it seems like it may be a good fit. My busness is hardwood lumber so I would be hauling logs and lumber. Seems like it would be a better fit than a one ton and trailer????

Thanks for your help.

Tim

Hey Guys

I hope this topic is in the right place. I am starting a small business and am looking into a getting something to haul with. I was thinking of just a one ton pickup or like a F450 but I came accross a 1987 Mack MS 200P with a flat bed, lift gate and 91K for under $5,000 Is this a good truck and a good deal. I do not have a CDL and from what I can tell I don't think I need one for this truck. I have always heard Mack's were bullet proof so it seems like it may be a good fit. My busness is hardwood lumber so I would be hauling logs and lumber. Seems like it would be a better fit than a one ton and trailer????

Thanks for your help.

Tim

I dont kown much about that model, sounds like a Renault. But you won't need a CDL unless the gross vehicle weight rating of the truck listed on the completed vehicle tag is above 26,000 lbs, (if you tow a trailer that is over 10,000 lbs, this will change)

Hey Guys

Thanks for your help.

Tim

i had one, got it at a auction, it had a rollback bed on it, i will tell you i had very little problems with mine, besides little things here and there, plus it got good fuel mileage, my cab just rusted away, no you don,t need a cdl for it, at least not here in Ohio