Using Oil

jward

My e-tech 460 is using a little oil now. It puffs some when you start it, and a little when you Jake it. I was thinkin at the least valve seals, maybe the guides are bad and a valve isn't seating. All the trouble i've had with the truck has been with the heads. At 40000, a guide pin broke, three weeks after that an exhaust rocker backed off. While they were in there that time they found a burr in the casting where the pushrod came up through and was rubbing. After that i,ve had to run the valves every winter, which I know isn't normal. I don't have anything abnormal coming out of the breather, but do you guys think I should have a blowby test done anyway. Any advice would be great,as I respect all your opinions. I want to fix it before the busy season starts. Thanks

NOTE: oil psi at 1600 is 60, which I think is still pretty good,But realize is not always an indicator

My reman heads lasted 300,000 miles 10,000 hours until valve seal let loose bad on #4( almost a gal a day)

Had (oil) smoke with jake on and after first take off from a few minute idle.

Are any exhaust gaskets wet?

Mine happened two weeks after mack sold me a turbo that was to small for my setup ( Turbo story)post.

Of course that has nothing to do with it :angry:

Have you put a new smaller exh manifold or turbo on lately?

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Last winter had it in. The center ex. man was cracked. They replaced the turbo,even though it hadn't gone. My shop is up now, so i'll be doin more stuff now that I don't have to work in the snow. The thing is I ran it all summer, and didn't add any oil. The cold weather might have something to do with it. When this job is over I'll have som downtime to tear the tubes and manifolds of to start checking. Thanks