Relay Valve?

OakRidgeMack

Here is a bendix air brake diagram. Its a newer diagram for post 1980 trucks with dual air circuits. If you press down and it blows air out then something is wrong. Is it a broken or leaking hose? Or is it an open port? There is an open port that is the exhaust port. When you take your foot off the brake pedal it exhausts the air pressure out of the system.

post-314-1201229966_thumb.gif

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

That open exhaust port doesn't close when you press the pedal...air just leaks out once you press the pedal...that means that the relay valve is no good..right?

Correct. When you press down on the brake pedal there shouldn't be any leaks or air coming out of anything. Only when you take your foot off or back off the brake should air be exhausted from the foot valve, quick release valves and relay valves.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Thanks Thad....i figured that was what was worng...i wasn't sure but now i am.. thanks alot..

do you happen to know where i can pick up the little piece of metal that connects to the throttle linkage for the idle wire...it is for the idleing control in the cab..it connects right from the wire to the linkage...just a question...