E6-300/e6-350 Injector Swappability?

Mackster

I work for some incredibly cheap people. I've got an E6-350 here that needs an injector, and we have a spare E6-300 sitting in one of our containers. Can the injectors from the 300 be swapped over to the 350? The E6-300 is an 88, and the 350 is an 87.

Thanks in advance!

Sure Why Not!!!

I hate to admit what I'v gotten away with.... I've put e-6 injectors in an e-7 different years and horse power settings, as a matter of fact I put an e-6 Robert bosch injection pump on an e-7 engine.

It all worked, BUT.... it's not factory authorized nor probably recomended. if you mismatch injectors you may have potential future engine problems. If you do all 6 Your chances for problems (in my humble opinion) will be minimal. I've gott 2 different e-7's in mid 90's, 300's that run really rough when you would rev them with no load almost a popping/ backfireing. almost as if the pump timing was retarded.. Put the light on the pump, checked the timing, it was right where it belonged (9degrees BTDC, I advanced it to an e-6's setting of 21 BTDC, smoothd right out.... You can get away with alot, however it all "voids waranty" or is out of the EPA's allowance.

From what i can tell, the injectors on the 1990 modle e6's(thats all the farther back my manuals go), the injectors are the same part number from the 300 to the 350 hp AS LONG AS THE BOTH HAVE BOSCH PUMPS. the ambac pumps use ambac injectors. The bosch use bosch. Which are the same part number. I would guess that the 87s and 88s would be similar.

There Is No Replacement, For Displacement!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...