Carb Rebuild Kit ? Stromberg

Phyrphighter

Hello there again.

I'm looking to rebuild the Stromberg SF-5 that is on my 1942 Mack 80 LS Fire Engine. Anyone know if a rebuild kit is available for this?

(The engine record for my truck lists this carb as a Stromberg 234 GB 15B which is also on a circular tag riveted to the carb. SF-5 is the common number that is cast into the carb housing)

Thank you

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks,

Cal was nice but we couldn't locate something for this carb. I did have one reply that said they could sell me a rebuild kit.... Just a kit for $400.00. :blink: Makes me kind of wish I kept my ford fire truck and let this one go. Last kit for that was $21.00 Oh well, live and learn. Thank you for your suggestions.

Barry

• 6 months later...

Just an update to my problem finding parts for my Stromberg carburetor that goes on my 1942 Mack 80LS pumper. Although I never did find parts, I found somone to rebuild the carb for me for just over $325.00. I know it might not sound like a bargin but that only other solution I foud was a guy that would sell me a rebuild kit for $400 or a replacement carb for $1500 - $1800.

I sent my carb to a place called Daytona Parts. When I talked to them on the phone they said that they make gaskets and seals by hand when necessary. However they did ir the carb came back looking like brand new and it works great. It took about a month for me to get it back.

If anyone else gets into a simialr bind with a carburetor, don't hesitate to check

www.daytonaparts.com It worked out well for me.

Barry

Hello there again.

I'm looking to rebuild the Stromberg SF-5 that is on my 1942 Mack 80 LS Fire Engine. Anyone know if a rebuild kit is available for this?

(The engine record for my truck lists this carb as a Stromberg 234 GB 15B which is also on a circular tag riveted to the carb. SF-5 is the common number that is cast into the carb housing)

Thank you

Barry