Repowering info help!

Do any of you guys out there know of anyone who has repowered a truck that had a Cat A- Cert motor?? I would like to take my Cat A- Cert's out and repower with a 14 liter Detroit?? Any help would bring me one more step closer to me dumping these motors on the cat dealers front lawn

Thanks

Ernie BULLHUSK DS

Since the truck is wired for Cat could go attempt to find a pre emission Cat I know dirty word. I have a 5DS 15.8 Liter factory 600. it has had it's problems inframed it when we did the head gasket then broke the crank 2 years later. When it runs good it is an animal. It rarely runs bad. Could look for a 6NZ or 3406C model. With my gearing I am averaging this trip from North Carolina to Portland Oregon 4.9 Mpg at 65 mph grossing 118konly had 1 fill up at 4.1. With you doing pneumatics and let's say 3.73 gearing with an 18 you could get over 5 probably 6. I have had really good luck with the 5DS. Also heard it is a rare motor. when dialed in it is a smooth running engine that is a power house. treated right will get better mileage then any accert ever thought about getting down hill with the wind pushing

Since the truck is wired for Cat could go attempt to find a pre emission Cat I know dirty word. I have a 5DS 15.8 Liter factory 600. it has had it's problems inframed it when we did the head gasket then broke the crank 2 years later. When it runs good it is an animal. It rarely runs bad. Could look for a 6NZ or 3406C model. With my gearing I am averaging this trip from North Carolina to Portland Oregon 4.9 Mpg at 65 mph grossing 118konly had 1 fill up at 4.1. With you doing pneumatics and let's say 3.73 gearing with an 18 you could get over 5 probably 6. I have had really good luck with the 5DS. Also heard it is a rare motor. when dialed in it is a smooth running engine that is a power house. treated right will get better mileage then any accert ever thought about getting down hill with the wind pushing

I was told about the 6NZ from a guy that builds his own Gliders out here in Jersey, but I just want to be done with Cat!! I never did have any luck with them even in there const. mech. I always bought Internationals. I just built a W-Star Glider with a 575 Non EGR Detroit thats gettin 6.09 mpg and thats with 4.10 rears and a 13 OO trans. All of my other Detroit powered trucks are all getting over 5 mpg and one guy is in the 7 mpg with a 09 15 liter Detroit 475 hp with a 10-C OD trans and 3.73 rears 24.5 rubber!

Thank You for the info!

BULLHUSK

I ran with a friend and we both had almost the same load my truck is about 10k heavier well with the trailer. he has a pretty stock 6nz and getting 6 mpg routinley. Well with the 5DS he was saying he wanted to see how the 2 of ours pulled since even with me heavier we where pretty even. only thing is a pdi turbo and manifold I got just the pittsburgh power manifold. I could walk away up hill in my top 2 gears but if I started dropping gears he was on my ass the whole time.If he would of had the same gearing as me with 4.11 he would of probably walked away from me or still givin me a hell of alot more of a fight then he was already doing.

I can understand getting away from them givin the problems. I haven't had a lot of them and getting decent mileage and gaining.