West Coast To East Coast

spanky

Need 1952 GMC 470 series COE, transported from the Portland, Ore. area to the East Coast. The truck is a cab, & chassis, & has a wheelbase of 161"in., & weighs around 7000lb.'s It's alittle more than 8 ft. tall. Contact me at, ehardy1@triad.rr.com

Edited by spanky

Spanky,

Where on the East coast?

There is some possibility that we might be able to put together a combo load including

B61Fred's new Pete, which is also in Oregon.

And I think I have a B61 cab & chassis in Wyoming to bring home to NY.

Sure would help if we could load from East to West, too.

Paul Van Scott

Hey guys,

Looks like we are going to get these trucks home!! I hope It all works out, I can volenteer my parking lot for storage for awhile spanky untill you can get it to your place. We need to come up with a loading plan in Portland. keep you posted,

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

• 2 months later...
Hey guys,

Looks like we are going to get these trucks home!! I hope It all works out, I can volenteer my parking lot for storage for awhile spanky untill you can get it to your place. We need to come up with a loading plan in Portland. keep you posted,

Fred

Still need this done.

Spanky & Morgan,

I was pretty surprised to see this latest post. I really thought that these two vehicles had come home long ago.

It's gotten pretty tough to run around the country and pick up these antiques at low rates, as much as someone might want to.

We have made an effort to help whenever possible, but at $3.50 plus per gallon and add in the cost of insurance, permits, truck depreciation and maintenance, trucks need to be paid both ways for a load like this.

And at the going rate of around 1.75 to 2.00/mile, you can do the math.

I would suggest that you contact a freight broker or flat bed trucking company in Oregon to see if they have anything that might cover your trucking costs one way. Or perhaps a broker might put the load together one way, albeit at a slightly rate.

There are numerous internet services that advertise loads for different types of trucks. Check them out.

As for the load itself, if Morgan's Peterbilt is still a part of this load, then with both trucks loaded on the trailer, you will fill a 48-53 ft. step deck. And the trucker will need ramps.

Just some things you might want to pass on to the broker.

It will be less expensive if both trucks can be loaded at the same yard. And if they can be unloaded at one yard, also.

That's my two cents.

Paul Van Scott

I have gave up on getting the pete home, I plan on going to Portland with my pick up and trailer and getting it myself. I plan to take the wife and make a trip of it, see mount rushmore and the pacific northwest, and how could we forget the west's finest jewel...Packer. We are going the last week of march. Hope to see some more friends along the way.

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!