Antique Truck Fun-run, Oct. 27

Doug Maney

We are going to try something that has been discussed for some time, an antique truck fun-run. We will gather at the Dutchway Farm Market on Rt 422 in Myerstown, from there we will depart at approximately 8:00am for Hoppenville. John Haines, an ATCA member whose trucks you have seen before, (Haines and Kibblehouse) is having a show at his home near Pennsburg. I have a route mapped out and have a videographer lined up to videotape along several of the scenic roadways that we will travel. Pennsburg is southeast of Macungie off of Rt 663 east of Rt 29. It will be a nice relaxing ride with some spectacular scenery. So don’t put your trucks away yet! Keep one road ready and contact me if you would like to participate or if you have any questions or concerns.

Central Pennsylvania Chapter of ATCA

Antique Truck Fun - Run

Cruise to the Hoppenville Truck Show

October 27, 2007

8:00am Departure

Meet at: Dutchway Farm Market

Rt 422, Myerstown, PA

Contact Doug, @ atca@comcast.net

We will convoy to the home of John Haines

for the show and to visit his collection.

You are welcome to bring a covered dish or dessert.

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

We'll be on

422 east to Robesonia

Bernville - Robesonia Rd north to 183

183 north to Shartlesville Rd.

Shartlesville Rd / Wolf Creek Rd east from Bernville to Shartlesville

Old 22 east to Krumsville

Just past Krumsville (center city) we'll take Long Lane Rd south, cross 222 to Topton Rd. into Topton

Weiss St. / State St. east through Mertztown to onto Seisholtzville Rd to Hereford where 100 intersects 29

29 south to 663 in Pennsburg

663 north to Geryville Pike south to Hoppenville

Pottstown is out of our way, not that we are taking the direct route. The roads were are taking are great sightseeing roads and are fun to drive with the old truck. Last year 3 of us tried the route and it was beautiful. There are several spots that will be fantastic for the video camera catching the old trucks rolling by. Anyone is welcome to join in, there are several meeting up with us at different points along the way simply due to travel. In our case you could join in at Hereford. If you'd like, send me a message we can trade cell phone numbers so I can give you a heads up when we are going to be there.

Doug

Saturday morning was washout for the truck run- I decided I did not want the wet ass award from driving the open cab B75 in the rain so I went to the show in Chevy pickup instead- here is a link to the pictures from the show in my album-

John B Haines Truck Show Hoppenville PA

Thanks to John Haines and Art Cooper for a great time at the show and Doug thanks for organzing the run- hopefully next year the weather will cooperate!

Firemack

At least it wasn't snow! We did complete the fun-run, 6 of us ended up making the trip to the show. The video taping was cancelled due to the possibility of damaging the equipment. I do have photos and will post them when I get the chance.

Everyone that made the run thought it was a great ride and want to do it in the spring. I guess the seed was planted and next spring the interest will sprout and gather more involvement.

The ride home was sunny and beautiful!

Doug

Hey, I finally took the time to put some photos up. We had the Fun-Run, 6 out of the initial 10 that signed up made the trip. Man did it rain! We gathered under a cart return roof at Dutchway and pulled out at about 8:15. Five of us left from Dutchway, we met the Brockway in Bernville. The route was fantastic, a little too damp for video cameras so that will have to wait until next spring. Which leads to: everyone who participated loved the run and are eagerly awaiting the next opportunity to go again!

post-91-1194302390_thumb.jpg

post-91-1194302410_thumb.jpg

post-91-1194302451_thumb.jpg

post-91-1194302459_thumb.jpg

post-91-1194302466_thumb.jpg