Another air clutch cable broke

Broke an air clutch cable at the base in Dover Del. a few days before hurricaine Sandy. Just broke the brand new $600.00 dollar cable today at Dover AFB. It's not like I pull out of here alot, only my second time in a year. Sitting on the base now for 3 hours waiting for a mechanical cable kit and pedal so I can change it to mechanical, can't afford a $600.00 cable. The mechanical kit is $400.00. Had to get a mobile mechanic to bring it down so I suppose this is going to cost big time for travel both ways and labor. Brought in $1870.00 since I left home, have spent $2600.00. Put four new 1150 amp batteries in in N.H. fuel tolls, permits, ticket for going through Harrington Del. etc. I don't know. Got a jet engine over sized on and it looks like I might have to sneak through town and get to the truck stop 14 miles away. My permits for tomorrow don't cover the same route!!!! So will have to sneak back through town again. What to do....................PUNT? Just one of those days comes far too often.

I feel your pain, brother. I'm sitting in the truck waiting on the gas company to show up to fix the line I just cut. Only had four loads of old footings to load up and haul off, and only had $900 in the job. Didn't call one call since it was going to be such a quick, simple project. Mama said there'd be days like this.

Jake