My First Year With A Mack

Hello all I am very glad to come across this site.

Well I have a 1997 ch613 Maxi-Cruise that pulls a 22' dump trailor and it has ran great all this summer.

I came across my first problem Fri. night (the alternator took a dump) but besides that everything else is just about fine.

Just 2 questions though recently at cold starts and when my truck is idling for awhile when I hit the fuel pedal at about 1600 rpm it smokes and a slight hesitation but drives fine I was thinking it was a bad injector.

second questing I heard I can tune my own motor example more horsepower over fuel milage etc. etc. remember I have a 1997 ch Maxi-cruise but not sure on how to do this.

We have a 97' e-7 400 that does the same... Since new! We have taken it in a few times and it is fine for awhile then goes right back to it's old ways. Knock on wood....never have done anything to that motor except for rod and main bearings. What part of the country are you in? Thanks, brad