E7 wont start unless you ether it alot!

oilburner

Ok guys, this truck is about to make me pull my hair out and go back to drivin the old international!! You all may rember it was having a issue when it was cold with smoke and running rough for a few secounds, now it will not start. Well it did after we sprayed a half of can of starting fluid in it, and crank it for hell and ever. The other day it was takeing fits and would quit, but pull over and it would start right back up, go a little farther and it would do it again, now once you get it started it is fine untill you shut it off, then the same problem. No engine lights are on and malfution light, could it be the econovance finaly kick the bucket. Hey any info would be greatly apprecaited!!

Just to let every one know we were messing with the truck today and found there is a problem in the wireing harness in the cab at the fuse and relay panel. we were trying to get it to start and i was standing buy the pump with my hand on it listing for the fuel to turn on in the pump, my buddy while in the cab was checking the fuse panel and then he pushed on it and i herd the fuel cut off click, i said it will start now what did you do, he replyed nothing i just pushed on the fues panel, he rech over and hit the key and it started right up. Has anyone eles had this problem before, and is it common on these trucks, it's a 98 ch 613 with a e 7 454 in it.