Looking For Feedback On Ihi " Intrax " Air Rear Susp.....

waslucky

looking for any feedback on IHI " INTRAX " rear air bag suspensions , looking for alternatives as replacing 4.66 ratio Mack diffs on Camel back in my R688 .....have had previous expirience with hendrickson HAS 400 " standard Mack air " and jusDONT LIKE .......would liketo fit Neway but hard to find in combination i want S/H .( Combination i,m after is @ 4.33 / 4.66 40 /44000 pound either Eatons / Rockwell or even Dana with Xlocks an Diff locks not fussed either on Spider ( cast spoke ) or 10 stud buds / Alco,s. my specifications are wanted as i wish to keep Road Train rating ( 90 ton ) GVM and i do a lot of work in off road ,paddock, quarry conditions and want to kep the capabilities in such conditions that i have with camelback, but is a cheaper alternative for me to go with a complete rear frame cut than it is to equip my current set up w diff and X locks, i dont want to turn Rmodel into a " bitsa " but will welcome any feedback on my topic

Can you explain who IHI is and what INTRAX is? INTRAAX is the name of Hendricksons trailer air suspension. So its a bit confusing. If you have a link to their website that would be great.

90 tonnes (198,416 lbs!) is allot of weight, Hendrickson HAS here in the US for 46 rears is rated at 68 tonnes and 25% off road. Neway is your best bet for off-road and road train work. Tandem 46 Neway is rated to 86 tonne and I am sure would have no problem handling 90 tonne. Plus its 100% rated for off road work. I know trucks and truck parts are expensive down under but maybe you can try a truck parts company here in the US. Someone might have that setup you want for about 3000-3500 USD. Many offer export services so shipping to you wont be a problem.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

Sorry Thad ...have since been informed it,s known as PRIMAX ......an IHI or INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS as guess you would know them overthere ...an have canned suspension change on R Model ...gunna stay with my current setup an reinstall refurbished camelback , tho if someone can come up with a Neway set up as i posted before i,d look at it ....90ton is gross weight ....a typical two trailer Road train set up ...over West and in Northern territory they run 120Ton triples an larger ...have pics i,ll post of a TITAN MACK 600hp Cummins Signature pulling a Double B Double belly dumpers ..ON ROAD overall length of 53.5meters 175.5 feet ... and a common b Double 26 meter ..85 feet...runs at @ 70ton gross ...will download an post some pics ...dont think or know if you guys have TITANS over there, think only an Aust built Mack ..basically a CH cab w a bonnet not too dissimilar to old Superliner ...raised cab an a big square grille

Sorry Thad ...have since been informed it,s known as PRIMAX ......an IHI or INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS as guess you would know them overthere ...an have canned suspension change on R Model ...gunna stay with my current setup an reinstall refurbished camelback , tho if someone can come up with a Neway set up as i posted before i,d look at it ....90ton is gross weight ....a typical two trailer Road train set up ...over West and in Northern territory they run 120Ton triples an larger ...have pics i,ll post of a TITAN MACK 600hp Cummins Signature pulling a Double B Double belly dumpers ..ON ROAD overall length of 53.5meters 175.5 feet ... and a common b Double 26 meter ..85 feet...runs at @ 70ton gross ...will download an post some pics ...dont think or know if you guys have TITANS over there, think only an Aust built Mack ..basically a CH cab w a bonnet not too dissimilar to old Superliner ...raised cab an a big square grille

Ah I know allot about the Titan and Australian trucking :D . Mack Australia has allot of models that we don't: Titan, Superliner, Trident, Quamtum, Valuliner, and Metroliner. Mack does have a Titan at their test track in Pennsylvania. I would love to import a 610HP E9 powered titan and convert it to left hand drive. Only problem is Aussie trucks are expensive so even a used one will cost as much as a new CH here. My other favorite Aussie truck is the old fiberglass cab Atkinson 3800. Id love to get one with a Cummins 903 or Detroit 8v92 in tipper configuration. I love those road trains and B double/triples, some truckies here would move to Australia just to drive them. Biggest we have here are called Turnpike doubles which gross out at a meager 59 tonnes and are only allowed on a very limited amount of toll roads. They reach 36.5 meters with ~31 meters allowed for the trailers and ~6m for tractor. The 11 axle B doubles in the state of Michigan gross out at 72.5 tonnes but are very short. They haul allot of steel coils and such.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!