New turbo for program to work?

TysonV

I was talking to our maintenance man about getting a program installed on my truck. He said that they had looked into it and it needed a bigger turbo before they would do anything, just wondering if this is true. It's on a ac-460p. The company I work for also owns 2 Mack delarships.

Tyson VandeVelde

Hello,

I saw your post here regarding a power program / turbo upgrade on your Mack Truck and the manager is correct in that you will need to cool the increased fuel that your program will add. Any time you increase fuel on a diesel one should expect the EGT levels to rise. When EGT rise beyond OEM specifications the engine is susceptable to damage, problems like head gasket, cracked head and possible damage to other components. Turbochargers are typically sized for the engine and horsepower output, increasing the overall boost is something you can do without changing the turbo BUT this will kill the longevity of the turbocharger as it will be operating outside of its efficiency level. If you are running an older truck you should inspect the entire intercooler charge system to insure there are no boost leaks. Increasing boost on a truck with a boost leak is turbo suicide, make sure you have a boost gauge before touching this subject.

If you need assistance choosing a turbocharger for your Mack Truck whether it be turbo rebuild, turbo upgrade or a new replacement turbo we can provide you real options and excellent pricing.

Feel free to call direct we can help you and your service manager make the right decision. We offer a full line of new and rebuilt turbochargers for any Mack Truck and pride ourselves on same day turn around.

Thank you,

TriStateTurbo

80 Greenwood Avenue

Midland Park, NJ 07432

888-292-7001

• 1 month later...