Midliner Transmission Eaton Fuller

Hoping to glean some info from an expert type here. I'm tenderly caring for a 2001 Midliner and trying to keep her on the road. I love the truck, but as owners know parts in the US at least, are becoming scarce.

Here's my question, it came originally with an Eaton Fuller 6 speed transmission, model H4106A, or FS 4106A H depending on who you ask. Unless someone here knows a secret spot to get one (or parts) I think I need to find something else. Mack can get some parts, but not everything is available. Overall the trans is ok, but the syncro for 3rd is cracked (speculating a bit based on the symptoms). If I open it up I would want to do seals, bearings, and all syncros which is big $$$$.

I have found a new H4106B which is identical to the "A" with exception to the gear ratios (looks like 16% increase on 1st and 2nd then tapers off to be same as "A" by 6th). Ideally I would keep the "A" set, anyone know if the shafts etc are the same and I could swap the gears between the two?

Also, seems I could get another variety of Eaton 6 speed, anyone know a comparable model besides the 4106 and 5206 (looks like UK version in my research)

Thanks

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...