Mechanic Needed

hi,

Is there any mechanic you can recommend in the Stockton, Meteca, or central California area? I need an engine and trans removed from a 1951 Mack conventional cab and placed on a pallet for shipment to the east coast. The fenders, grill etc will then be shipped to Ventura, Ca. and the remainder of the truck scrapped. Are there any shops or mechanics you can recommend, or temporary storage places for the truck?

Thank you.

Steve

Wait!!!

What is the gear ratio in the Diffs?

Packer

hi,

I'm not sure. I think the firetruck is a model 85LS. It has bud type wheels. I don't have any spec sheets on the truck. And the seller is a real pain to work with and I'm sure he won't go under the truck to look. So I won't know until I have the truck in my possession (or in the possession of whatever mechanic I can find to remove the engine and trans). If you're interested, make me an offer contingent on it having the ratio you're looking for. They only have 19,000 miles of use.

Thanks.

Steve

P.S. And/or if you have any L cab parts, perhaps we could trade. I need door parts.