In Search Of ...

dneville

Hello all... since retiring from a paid position in the fire service, I find myself with an opportunity to search out the 1st fire engine my former fire district purchased. We believe it to be a '48 or '49, definitely a Mack, probably a model 75, perhaps even a model 45. Open cab, 750 GPM, etc.

We believe it was purchased new by the Rancho Santa Fe Fire Protection District in Southern California, and was sold to a private individual around 1972, perhaps then resold to a ranch in Orange County (CA). Unfortunately, all paperwork is gone and we don't even know the VIN #.

In researching with Mack, they don't show that they have ever sold a unit to Rancho Santa Fe, so that was a disturbing fact.

Anyhoo, if anyone has a lead or can guide me towards an information source, it would be greatly appreciated. I will include a picture or two on a future post.

Thanks! DEN

DEN

Join SPAAMFAA (spaamfaa.org they also have a yahoo group)

Your truck might be listed on one of the registrys that are kept for Mack trucks.

Also there is a Yahoo group for Mack fire trucks (mackfiretrucks)

If your truck has not been scraped there is a good chance it is still around, I had to go to the city that originaly bought the truck I now have, they have a history center and I was able to get some info that gave me enough leads to get most of the info I needed.

It was a long process but I stuck with it and was able to track down all of the previous owners and get tons of info.

If you do find where it came from they should still have records of the truck.

As your truck was on the West coast I would bet if it is in private hands it is still around, you will have to act like a detective at times but it will pay off.

Go to the spaamfaa yahoo group and ask your question there, someone may know something or be better able to help

Welcome to the group, you will find that everyone here will at sometime jump in and try to help!

I have the same model truck you are looking for, if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Good luck!

David Waits

1948 Mack Pumper

DEN

Join SPAAMFAA  (spaamfaa.org  they also have a yahoo group)

Your truck might be listed on one of the registrys that are kept for Mack trucks.

Also there is a Yahoo group for Mack fire trucks  (mackfiretrucks)

If your truck has not been scraped there is a good chance it is still around,  I had to go to the city that originaly bought the truck I now have, they have a history center and I was able to get some info that gave me enough leads to get most of the info I needed.

It was a long process but I stuck with it and was able to track down all of the previous owners and get tons of info.

If you do find where it came from they should still have records of the truck.

As your truck was on the West coast I would bet if it is in private hands it is still around, you will have to act like a detective at times but it will pay off.

Go to the spaamfaa yahoo group and ask your question there, someone may know something or be better able to help

Welcome to the group, you will find that  everyone here will at sometime jump in and try to help!

I have the same model truck you are looking for, if you have any questions feel free to ask me.

Good luck!

David Waits

Thanks!