1996 Mack CH 360 - Battery Configuration

tboome

I'm having a bit of trouble. I purchased a 1996 Mack CH 360 last week and decided to replace all the batteries. I should have drawn myself a diagram but I was in a hurry and didn't and now I am having problems trying to figure out how to hook the batteries back up.

Usually cables are marked black and red but this truck is proving to be a bit challenging. There is one cable that is completely red but only has one terminal post loop. The other has a red terminal head. The cable that has a red head to it actually has two connectors for terminal posts.. Each side has a small chain cable. Also on the passenger side there is a third single cable.

To confusing me anymore than I already am could you please respond to these questions:

1. Which way should the battery's positive terminal be facing on the driver's side. Towards the front of the truck or the back of the truck?

2. Which cable should be connected to the positive terminals. The cable with the two battery terminal loops and the red head or the red cable with the single battery terminal loop?

3. Which terminals do the small chain or two post connector side go on? (I'm assuming the opposite side from the cable with the built in two terminal loops.

4. Which way should the battery's positive terminal be facing on the passenger's side. Towards the front of the truck or the back of the truck?

5. Which cable should be connected to the positive terminals. The cable with the two battery terminal loops and the red head or the red cable with the single battery terminal loop?

6. Which terminals do the small chain or two post connector side go on? (I'm assuming the opposite side from the cable with the built in two terminal loops.

And does anyone know where I could possibly find a maintenance manual or book on this truck? I have a feeling I will am going to need it in the future.

Thanks in advance for the help