RD686sx stock seat and cab space. Help.

96 RD686sx with a stock Bostrom frame and a Mack vinyl seat. It's a company truck, and when I was put in it, it had a broken seat that was replaced with a stock set up. Now it seems like the seat won't slide all the way back on the track. Im 6'2 250 and the way the seat is now, my knee hits the turn signal if I run any air in the seat. It just seems like the cab space is smaller. Wtf? The old 86 rmodel I drove was alot more comfortable than this thing. As of now, I have bungee cords wrapped around the seat frame holding the seat all the way back in the track, but isn't locked. This surely can't be "just the way it is", could it? I wanna get some ideas of what to do with this thing so I can be comfortable driving again.

96 RD686sx with a stock Bostrom frame and a Mack vinyl seat. It's a company truck, and when I was put in it, it had a broken seat that was replaced with a stock set up. Now it seems like the seat won't slide all the way back on the track. Im 6'2 250 and the way the seat is now, my knee hits the turn signal if I run any air in the seat. It just seems like the cab space is smaller. Wtf? The old 86 rmodel I drove was alot more comfortable than this thing. As of now, I have bungee cords wrapped around the seat frame holding the seat all the way back in the track, but isn't locked. This surely can't be "just the way it is", could it? I wanna get some ideas of what to do with this thing so I can be comfortable driving again.

There is two sets of mounting holes in the seat base or and in floor,, Mack did this to keep the seat from wearing a hole in the back panel,,,they mite have put new seat in the forward mounting holes

Or someone slid the steering wheel (adjusted) closer....

gallery_133_137_10125.jpg

Thanks for hearing me out.

You can have the soap box now---------JIM

Awesome info, I'm gonna pull up the floor mat tomorrow morning an take a look at the holes. The mechanic did put a new base in along with the seat, and no part of the seat touches the bak panel as it is now. However, the back panel IS worn, so an older seat did touch it.

The truck has the large diameter wheel in it, and it's as far forward as it can go. Believe me, I've pushed on it in a fit of rage while trying to force the seat back lol.

Thanks for the tips!