Hi, Folks I'm New At Doing These Forums,

bmack2

Hello , I'm In the middle of restoring a 1949 Mack LFT Diesel, It has a 672 Lanova engine and a mack duplex gearbox, I am doing a total frame up on it , and have been at it for about a year now... As things stand now , I'm looking at about another year to complete it... I am in need of a water pump , either rebuilt, or a good pump that I can have rebuilt... you can contact me at--- toyman7777@comcast.net--- I also have a 51 Mack L J with a 220 Cummins(not running) for parts if anyone out there needs anything , as well as a 1950 L82 Mack ladder truck also for parts, It equipped with a Hall Scott , and a straight 5 speed ... Also for parts, although the Hall Scott only has 19000 miles , and runs good the rig is probably not restorable, as it has no ladders of any sort, not even the aerial ladder..

It is gratifying to know that an LF is receiving such fine attention. I drove an LF 10-wheel dump with a Mack-Lanova and 5x2 in the summer of 1956. It was interesting that it would run with the "new" B-63s. I did not know the Lanovas were as big as yours, but that would explain how well it pulled. Good luck with your project.