Round Fuel Tank Repair

I have a round alum. fuel tank that has been dragged on the ground. The tank is kinda flat on the bottom. It has a step in it so I want to try and keep it. I was thinking maybe put some air pressure in it and it would help make it round again. Any ideas??

Fred

15 gears...no waiting!

I suggest you don't use air pressure! I suggest water. use an old piston pump pressure washer, plug everything off and start pumping. the water gives you a more solid tank to work with and if for some reason the tank decides to blow you only have a gush of water rather than an explosion of air due to the high air compression necessary to move the dent. Work around the dent with a rubber hammer and it will pop out unless there is a sharp kinking on the edges of the dent. Good Luck, Doug

Interested in Old Trucks? Check out:

www.antiquetruckclubofamerica.org

We used water pressure from the garden tap to pop out the front of a 10,000 litre roadtanker tank, that had been sucked in due to vacum when the breather pipe was blocked, its quite amazing how it all happens, air is too dangerous, Ive lifted manholes off tanks and blown them through the roof with air. nigel :chili: