Bypass Filter

Hi guys. I'm thinking about putting a bypass filter on my CL. I'm hoping it will clean some of the soot out, and more importantly cool the oil a little if I mount it behind the cab. When it gets hot out my oil temp goes over 200 Degrees, and when I get to an Idle the pressure is at 15. Any input would be appreciated

Jeff

You've already got the Centrimax, which is a centrifugal bypass filter.

One of the CL's that I had was running high oil temp, and I noticed that the fan wasn't kicking in until the water temp was over 200 deg.

I checked with the parts dept of the local Mack dealer and got a 190 degree fan temperature switch.

After I changed that switch and the fan kicked in at lower water temp, the oil stayed cooler too.

Cooler water going thru the oil cooler water jacket will keep your oil temp down.

I also installed a switch on the dashboard to manually override the fan temp switch and turn the fan on continuously on hot days.

You just have to find the wire that supplies the circuit to the fan clutch and put the switch in the circuit.

Whenever the switch is in the "off" position (circuit open) the engine fan will be engaged continuously.

When the switch is in the "on" position (circuit closed) the fan will operate normally, controlled by the temp switch.

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

I appreciate the feedback. My temp switch is already at 190, but I might try the overide idea before I spend the money on the OPS, since the guy said I have to mount the evaporator under the hood anyway. My analysis have been looking pretty good, so i'll just keep an eye on them like usual.