Transmission Swap Questions

Jason N

Happy Holidays everyone. I recently picked up this used X107a transmission and am hoping to swap out my 1078 straight 5 speed. I have several questions as this will be my first major project working on larger trucks. I took a picture of the top rear of the transmission and was wondering if anyone knows what this part is that is broken. It has two wires that were attached to it, a black and white wire? I would guess it is for the backup lights? also there is a small plug where my finger is pointing at and was wondering what that is, maybe a temp sensor or backup lights? Also there is two air lines that I don't know where they would go. One comes from the shifter and the other comes from the back valve. I would have thought that it would have only needed one main source of air coming from the air tank to transmission filter. Lastly , I had always wanted a twin stick trans. Is it as easy as getting a new front shifter lever and a new rear plate that goes to the shift forks and new rear lever? Not sure if I want to keep it an airshift or change it to twin stick. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. -Jason

post-4200-0-52126100-1324664445_thumb.jp