B73 engine serial number

I need some help positively identifing my engine please. My truck came with a 262 cummins from the factory in 1962. The guy I bought it from said it had been rebuilt about 15k miles ago. The tag on the pump now say 335. I am assuming that the pump was just turned up during the rebuild. The id tag on the engine is long since gone. Does anyone know where I can fing the serial number on the block?

Thank you,

Ben

1962 B733 L cab

I need some help positively identifing my engine please. My truck came with a 262 cummins from the factory in 1962. The guy I bought it from said it had been rebuilt about 15k miles ago. The tag on the pump now say 335. I am assuming that the pump was just turned up during the rebuild. The id tag on the engine is long since gone. Does anyone know where I can fing the serial number on the block?

Thank you,

Ben

A 220/262 has 6 big head bolts per head, a 335 is a 855 block has 12 head bolts per head . i have heard they made an early 335 with a 220 block but never saw one, dont know . Ron